Calcium chloride is an inorganic salt, which exists as solid or liquid. Solid calcium chloride is a white, crysta
l substance in the form of flake, granule ,pellet or powder. With different crystallized water contents, it can be
dihydrate or anhydrous. Liquid calcium chloride is a colorless, clear solution. As calcium chloride has such properties as quick dissolving, exothermic ability, attracting moisture from the air and surroundings, dissolving at very low temperature, it is widely used in snow & ice melting, dust control, oil & gas drilling, moisture-absorbing, etc.
|Ca(OH) 2|| 0.15% max|
|Water insoluble|| 0.1%max|
1) Used for ice and snow melting in winter for roads, highways, parking lots, airport, golf links etc;
2) Used in oilfield as fluid for drilling, cementing, and workover operations;
3) Used as dehydrating agent in petrochemical industry;
4) Used for prevention and controlling of dust, coal dust, mine dust and etc;
5) Used as accelerant of concrete in construction and used as solidifying agent in paint production;
6) Used as desiccant for moisture proof;
7) Used as coagulant in rubber industry;
8) Used as chloridizing agent and additive in ferrous metallurgy;
9) Used as additive in paper-making industry and also used for de-inking of waste paper;
10) Used as SO4-removing agent and as coagulant of sodium alginate in chemical industry;
11) Used in refrigeration industry;
12) Used in dyestuff production and printing&dyeing industry.
13) Used as a preservative agent for food and anti-rot material for wheat, apples and vegetables;
14) Food Additive Calcium Chloride can be used as Stabilizer, Coagulator, Nutrition Enhancer, Thickener and
|Item ||Spcifications |
|Solid Calcium Chloride||Liquid Calcium Chloride|
|Calcium Chloride Anhydrous||Calcium Chloride Dihydrate|
|Appearance ||White, grayish or reddish flake, pellet, granule, or powder ||Liquid|
|Calcium Chloride(as CaCl2, by wt) %≥||94 ||90 ||77 ||74 ||12|
|Alkalinity [as Ca(OH)2, by wt] %≤||0.25 ||0.20 ||0.20|
|Alkali Metal Chloride(as NaCl, by wt)% ≤||5.0 ||11.0|
|Water Insoluble(by wt) %≤||0.25 ||0.15 ||NA|
|Iron (as Fe,by wt) %≤||0.006 ||NA|
|pH (10% water solution) ||7.5~11.0|
|Magnesium(as MgCl2, by wt) %≤||0.5|
|Sulphate(as CaSO4, by wt) %≤||0.05|
Qingdao Hot Chemicals Co., Ltd. (Hotchem)
With more than 45000 square meters factory and 110 square meters trading office, Hotchem has grown into
the leading producer and supplier of swimming pool and spa chemicals, moisture absorber, ice melter, oil
drilling chemicals and packages in China since 2000.
Based on the principle of striving to provide superior quality products and services for our customers all over the world,. Hotchem is constantly upgrading its technology to ensure the innovation of developing and
manufacturing, and continually expanding and improving its products line.
Eventually, Hotchem has taken great market share in the World. Our products have been exported to
Oceania, South & North America, Africa, Eastern & Western Europe, Mid East, Western & Eastern Asia.
The Achievement as follows:
A: the leading producer and supplier of Swimming Pool and Spa chemicals
With the development of the company, Hotchem has mastered extensive knowledge of the swimming pool
and spa industry, which helps us to design and produce all kinds of products and packages to satisfy the
demands of customers from various countries.
B: the leading producer and supplier of Moisture Absorber
Through the years, Hotchem has developed a number of products and packages to adapt to different market
demands. Products with fragrance have been developed to eliminate odors and leave a light scent.
C: the leading supplier and repackager of Ice Melter
With many years' experience, Hotchem can supply and repackage the safe, environmental and fastest
D: the leading supplier of Oil Drilling chemicals
Hotchem can provide more than 20 varieties of products with high quality.
E: the leading supplier and manufacture of packages
Hotchem can provide many kinds of packages, such as plastic bags, pails, boxes and so on. And it will
produce injection and blow molded containers in the near future.